- Teaching Artist needed at Urban Arts Partnership; minimum of 2 years experience working with inner city youth in grades K-12 and should be familiar with NY State Standards for Visual & Performing Arts.
- VOICE Charter School in Long Island City, Queens is looking for a Art Teacher for elementary and middle school. In pursuit of/or already acquired NYS Teaching Certification.
- The Sugar Hill Children’s Museum of Art & Storytelling is looking for a Teaching Artist. Candidates must have experience with early childhood and elementary art education.
- The Whitney Museum is looking for a full-time temporary (18months) Assistant Access and Community Programs. The AACP will assist with developing, coordinating and implementing educational programs that serve diverse audiences including visitors with physical, sensory, developmental, and cognitive disabilities, low income seniors, residents of the nearby NYCHA houses, immigrants, and LGBTQ youth. These educational programs may be on and off site and will be in partnership with educators and artist for a wide range of community based organizations. Assist with public engagement including outreach, audience development initiatives, large scale public programs, and smaller scale artist workshops.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about and have knowledge of contemporary art and social movements (i.e. immigrant justice, racial justice, LGBTQ justice, disability justice).
B.A.; MA or MFA degree in education, museum studies, disability studies, studio art, art history, or a related field.Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience in speaking and writing about the arts; Proficiency in Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, or ASL a plus. Background in research, outreach,accessibility, and community arts education. Demonstrated experience working with diverse communities, some knowledge of art making practices, and a commitment to social justice. New Yorkers and those with a background in community organizing are especially encouraged to apply.
If interested please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com and put Assistant Access and Community Programs in the subject line.
- The Whitney Museum is hiring a Coordinator of Teen Programs. The successful candidate will be a dynamic educator with a deep knowledge of contemporary art, experience collaborating with artists, and a passion for working with NYC teens. The Coordinator will run the existing Youth Insights Programs, including Youth Insights Artists, Leaders, Introductions, and Arts Careers. The Coordinator will also work with the Teen Leaders to create teen-organized series programs and large scale events.
- Jiva Performing Arts is looked for an part-time Arts Program Assistant.
- Lincoln Center is seeking a Teaching Artist that focus on arts and education.
- Free Arts NYC is looking for a Free Arts Day Intern. The Free Arts Day Program provides “pop-up” arts festivals sponsored by a corporation, group, or individual. Kids pair 1-to-1 with volunteer buddies for a day of art making. Each event offers youth, ages 6-13, the opportunity to explore a variety of art materials with the support of a caring adult. 15-20 hours a week and possible Saturday hours.