- Artistic Noise is hiring an NYC Artist-in-Residence, with possible promotion to the Director of Art and Entrepreneurship program.
- Community – Word Project is looking for teaching artist, creative-writing teaching artist and TATIP Co-Facilitator .
- Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is hiring Museum Educators
- Opening for an Art Teacher at a Bronx elementary school PS 53X Email your resume to: Dr. Collin Wolfe, Principal; firstname.lastname@example.org.
- American Folk Art Museum is looking for Coordinator of Public Programs .
- Launch Expeditionary Learning Charter School is looking for a Digital Arts Media Teacher.
- Elders Share the Arts is looking for a Executive Director .
- Volunteer docent opportunity with Cooper Hewitt Museum, Smithsonian Design Museum.
- Creative Art Works seeks muralists to work on their summer Public Art Youth Empowerment program.
- New York Historical Society is looking for an Early Childhood Educator.
- Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum is hiring Museum Educators and Per Diem Educators.
Ps 94 is looking hiring Visual Art Specialists details below:Description
- Work with participants during after-school hours, school breaks and summer recess.
- Provide constant supervision of assigned groups of children.
- Ensure the safety of all program participants.
- Organize and chaperone field trips that are aligned with the arts curriculum.
- Plan and implement age-appropriate arts activities.
- Submit lesson plans in a timely fashion.
- Record, submit and maintain accurate attendance records.
- Pick up and dismiss program participants.
- Motivate and maintain active involvement of program participants.
- Maintain the general upkeep of space and materials used by the program.
- Coordinate special events in collaboration with staff and participants
- Work with Group Leaders to ensure effective management of assigned groups of children.
- Actively participate in staff meetings and trainings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- SCO Family of Services is an equal employment opportunity employer
Contact Info: Shira Sameroff email@example.com .
- Bachelor’s Degree (Art, Arts Education, Fine Arts or a related field)
- Experience working with children under 13 years of age.
- Requires effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and experience in curriculum development.
- Strong knowledge of child development and enrichment programming important.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
Summer Art Camp Teaching Internship
The position of Summer Art Camp Teaching Intern is a unique opportunity for college students to work directly with elementary, middle and high school students in a variety of media under the supervision of professional artists/teachers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaching Interns will work in the daily planning and implementing of lessons. This may involve assisting preparing materials, giving demos, set up and clean up, assisting students with putting personal belongings in lockers, supervision on fieldtrips to Central Park, nearby Museums or other neighborhood locations to draw and paint, monitoring lunch, clean up and dismissal support and other related duties.
- College student or recent high school graduate with an interest and experience in visual arts or in education. Responsible, diligent and conscientious, good communication skills.
Dates and Hours
- Summer camps run in weekly sessions June 6th – August 5th. 2016.
- Camp internship positions are full time 8:30 – 4:30 Monday – Friday with the Holiday of July 4th off. Interns are expected to work during the program hours of 8:30 to 4:30, plus attend any faculty meetings and special events such as pre-camp meetings or end of day/week meetings that will occasionally occur.
- Pervious training and experience in visual arts
- Clear interest and experience working with or overseeing groups of children
- Willingness to take direction and be actively engaged with children and staff all day