- Brooklyn Museum has several internship positions open Gallery/Studio Program Summer Intern, Family Programs Summer Intern—Education and Adult Programs Summer ARTS Intern .
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art is now accepting internship applications for the fall.
- Creative Time is accepting applications for their paid internships this summer
- The Wadsworth Athenaeum is accepting applications for paid summer internships
- Bard Graduate Center is looking for a Contractual Educator
- Dedalus Foundation is hiring a Programs Assistant
- The 9/11 Memorial is hiring an Education Specialist
- Interested in teaching at the Bronx Borough Department of Education? Send your resume to: Joanna Berenson, Bronx Borough Arts Director (Jberenson2@schools.nyc.gov)
- The New-York Historical Society is hiring a part-time Education Floor Manager
- The Prospect Park YMCA is seeking an Arts & Culture Director
- Eckford Street Studio is hiring a Studio Assistant
Position Description: Eckford Street Studio, located at 70 Eckford Street between the Brooklyn neighborhoods of Greenpoint and Williamsburg, offers programming for young artists ages 6 months -12 years, as well as adults. To learn more about the programs offered by the studio, visit www.eckfordstreetstudio.com.
We are currently seeking a Studio Assistant to help with all aspects of running the studio, including administration, studio maintenance, and assistant teaching. This is a 10-15+ hour/week independent contractor position, with somewhat flexible hours. Studio Assistants work with master Teaching Artists, receive arts ed professional development, and can take adult classes for free.
- Working with Teaching Artists to conduct art lessons for school aged students
- Picking students up from school and helping escort them to the studio via public transportation
- Helping to maintain an organized workspace, including monitoring art supplies and setting up and cleaning up
- Assisting with general studio maintenance, including building, painting and cleaning
- Working with students one on one and in small groups
- Assisting with administrative tasks, including maintaining mailing lists and class rosters
- Maintaining social media presence
- Qualifications include: Experience working with children in an arts environment; Art and/or art history background; Ability to be flexible and follow the lead of another teacher; Collaborative spirit and sense of humor; Proficient in social media applications; Proficiency in Google Apps, drag-and-drop website editors (e.g. Wix; SquareSpace), and/or QuickBooks a plus
Salary: commensurate with experience
Please Contact Kristin Melkin at email@example.com
- St. Hilda’s & St. Hugh’s is seeking an Art Teacher
St. Hilda’s & St. Hugh’s, an independent, Episcopal school in New York City, seeks an experienced art teacher to teach art to students in grades 4-8. Demonstrated experience in drawing, painting, carpentry, and pottery are essential, and experience with a variety of media is preferred. The ideal candidate will have a sincere interest in making his or her own art and in bringing the world of art alive to students. Accommodating the full set of student experiences, skill levels, and interest in art will be necessary for success in this position, as well as a sense of humor, collegiality, and a love of middle school aged children. The preferred candidate will have well developed classroom management skills and will appreciate the opportunity to collaborate and work with colleagues both in the art department and beyond. The preferred candidate will have a reasonable command of technology and include in his or her lesson plans, when appropriate.
The preferred candidate will have the appropriate educational background, including a BA in an art-related field; a master’s degree is required for consideration.
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits. St. Hilda’s & St. Hugh’s seeks to promote diversity in its hiring process and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, marital status, disability, or any other basis.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Anne Rabbino at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “Art Teacher 2016-2017.” No phone calls, please.