- Casita Maria Center for Arts and Education is hiring an Outreach and Community Engagement Manager
- Museum of the Moving Image is hiring a Museum Educator
- GO Project has several open positions for educators and engagement coordinators
- Arts to Grow is looking for a Visual Teaching Artist to serve students age 7-11 on Saturday mornings at 10:00AM. The residency will last 10 weeks beginning in April and is held in the Bronx. The closest train stop is Buhre Avenue on the 6 Train. Please make sure this commute is doable for you before submitting a resume.
The class is meant to be relaxing and fun! The goal is for children to explore using different materials and to create projects that they can feel good about. Teaching artist should have varied experience and should be comfortable with different materials. Please send cover letters and resumes to Sara Lise Raff, email@example.com
World View High School, a new high school in the north central part of the Bronxhas an arts teacher position available for the upcoming school year.
At World View High School we are committed to developing a professional learning community where educators share expertise and work collaboratively to improve teaching skills to support the academic performance of the students. Currently in our third year, we have approximately 300 students in grade 9 through 11 and we will grow until we are a 9-12 grade High School. World View High School’s mission is to develop a rigorous project-based academic program which will prepare students for college, career and exemplary citizenship. We are a project-based learning school that believes in teaching through rigorous curriculum with a focus on Global Learning. Through the use of technology students will connect with others around the world to focus on issues centering on social justice issues, mathematics.Must be certified to teach at a high school in the coming months. Applicants can contact:Heather FlayAssistant Principal(please attach resume)
Leslie Scott from Woodycrest Center for Human Development in the Highbridge section of the Bronx is looking for teaching artist to instruct Latin Dance and Drama classes afterschool. The rate is $25/per hour, 3x’s a week for Drama. 2x’s a week for dance. Great opportunity for undergraduates and graduate students looking for part time work, while gaining experience & continuing studies. Please send inquiries, and resumes to: Leslie Scott, Shae2jus@yahoo.com.
- The International HS @ Prospect Heights (IHSPH) is looking for a NYS licensed teachers in Visual Art to join their staff. The small school is designed exclusively to serve the needs of recent immigrant English Language Learners. Upon arriving at the school, students have been in the country anywhere from one day up to four years.
Their population is diverse and students are taught in non-tracked classes that are heterogeneous with regard to language and ability. Therefore, a willingness to develop expertise in differentiating instruction widely is essential for success in our school. The school and classroom model is collaborative, project-based and content and English language instruction is integrated. They are an ELL Waiver school of the Internationals Network of Public Schools and students graduate via Portfolio-Based Assessments, and an English and Mathematics Regents only.
The IHSPH is a community that is supportive of the learning of its teachers as well as its students. Teachers have time in the school day to allow for common interdisciplinary and content planning. They are looking for a dedicated teacher, who thrives on teamwork, collaboration, creativity and innovation. Ideal candidates are teachers who wish to grow professionally and thrive in a collaborative environment, are resourceful, reflective practitioners, and team players. Applicants must have an interest in, and/or experience with, project-based learning, performance-based assessment, and language development through content instruction. International experience and/or knowledge of a foreign language are preferred, though not required.
Ideal candidate will have a broad experience in the traditional visual arts disciplines as well as the digital arts. In keeping with an interdisciplinary approach, the ideal candidate will have an interest in or experience in building their capacity to integrate the arts into other disciplines.
If you would like to apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reel Works is looking for filmmaker Teaching Artists for a semester-long, middle school residency in the Bronx. The Teaching Artist is responsible for workshop development based on our curriculum, and developing and implementing lesson plans. They are looking for unique individuals to bring their energy, passion, and ability to command the attention and respect of students into NYC classrooms. Teaching Artists with diverse digital media expertise and interests are encouraged to apply!Major Duties
- Create and facilitate age appropriate lesson plans and activities
- Manage classroom and maintain positive learning environment
- Participate in training and staff development activities
- Demonstrate effective classroom management skills
- Collaborate and communicate with supervisory staff
- Participate in student showcase events
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BA in Arts and/or Education
- Proficiency in all aspects of filmmaking- pre-production, production and post-production process
- Experience working with youth, teaching, and curriculum development aligned with NYC Blueprint for Learning & Teaching in the Arts a plus
Please contact Alissa Cherry at email@example.com