- Artadia is seeking a students or recent graduates interested in working as part of a small, collaborative team for Winter 2016 Development and Programming Internships.
- The Smithsonian’s Museum Conservation Institute (MCI) is offering short-term opportunities to work on research and conservation projects with staff members.
Internship, Residency UnlimitedWhen: February 2016, Where:360 Court St #4, Brooklyn, NY 11231
Residency Unlimited (RU), a New York non-profit organization that creates customized residencies for artists and curators seeks an intern for 4 months or more starting in February 2016. The intern will assist RU’s Special Projects’ curator for research purposes and implementation of special projects. Commitment: 10 hours per week. Flexible schedule and option to work from home.
• Strong interest in Social practice, education, health and public art
• BA or graduate degree in a related field
• Knowledge of art and/or art history
• Excellent command of English prose and grammar
• Strong editing skills
• Excellent general office and communication skills, including phone, email, and in-person
• Strong computer skills (high proficiency in Microsoft Office. Proficiency in Photoshop is a plus)
• Ability to work diligently and independently
• Ability to work on multiple tasks at one time
• Experience in a related field is a plus
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
• General art historical research
• Production related research
• Writing texts
• Data organization and entry
The intern will work directly with RU’s Special Projects curator and receive professional curatorial experience within a non-profit contemporary art setting. The intern will gain detailed knowledge of interaction with artists from around the world, and is involved in the production of special projects at RU. This is an unpaid position.
Please e-mail a brief cover letter and resume to Ayelet Danielle Aldouby, Special Projects Curator at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Museum of the City of New York seeks an Internship Coordinator from early February to end of August 2016.
- Director is needed of the Newark Arts Education Roundtable.
- School & Family Programs Coordinator at the Friends of the High Line (FHL).