Art Ed Jobs & Internships
- Students, undergraduate and graduate, are you interested in an internship at the Metropolitan Museum of Art? The Met in partnership with Museum Hue will lead an information session and workshop about their paid and unpaid internships on January 7th from 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm. We are looking for diverse candidates of color from various disciplines (anthropology, architecture, art history, communications, cultural studies, education, history, international studies, library and information science, museology, public affairs, urban planning, etc). If you are interested please join me for an opportunity to learn how you can land an internship at the Met. We will identify your interests, skills, goals, and learning objectives to find the right department/project area for you. There will also be a walk-through of the online application process and an application mini-workshop. Space is limited so you must RSVP in advance if you plan to attend.www.metmuseuminterninfo.eventbrite.com
- MAD INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION: INTERPRETIVE PROGRAMS for Spring 2016
- CUP is seeking a teaching artist to design and implement a 10-hour project for high school students at the International Community High School in the Bronx.
- RoboFun seeks part-time teaching artists with an interest in tech to guide students as they grow into innovative critical thinkers.
- Manager of School, Youth and Family Programs is needed at the Museum of Arts and Design
- Harlem Children’s Zone Promise Academy Charter Schools is looking for a Middle School Art Teacher.
- HCZ Promise Academy is seeking an Art Teacher.
- An Art Education Teacher for Equality Charter School is needed.
- Arts in Action Visual Art Program is seeking a Part Time Teaching Artist
This position is open to all BFA graduates in fine art, or illustration majors as well as current undergraduate/graduate students working toward their degree in Fine Art or Art Education. All applicants should be considering a career in art education. This is a great opportunity to learn sequential curriculum development as well as all aspects of classroom management. The ideal applicant will have proficient fine art skills in drawing, and painting in a variety of dry and wet mediums and some basic previous experience working with children and/or teens. No teaching experience necessary. Visit our web site www.artsinactionvap.org for more information on our 3 time Blackboard Awards winning fine art program. Must be available Monday, Thursday and Friday Afternoons, and Saturday Mornings.
Submit brief cover letter in the body of your email, and attach a resume and 2 images of art work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Booker T. Washington Beacon 54, a Harlem Children’s Zone after-school program, wants to bring a different flare to arts enrichment with an entrepreneurial approach. We seek to add 3 artists to our team with unique skills sets in one of the following areas: Gaming, Visual Arts, Music and Music Production software, Fashion/Cosmetology and Business/Entrepreneurism.The type of person we want to build our team:Self-motivated and excellent communicatorUses a collaborative approach to learning & planning with fellow artists
Has experience teaching their focus in a school-like environment
Has experience writing project-based lessons
Is comfortable delegating and taking instruction
Knows how to make learning fun and NOT LIKE SCHOOL
15 hours per week; 2:00-7:00 pm – 3 days on site, includes planning!
Working with middle school and high school students
Once a month all-staff meeting (evening)
Once a month specialists meeting (day)
Please provide the following with resume:
Cover letter expressing your focus and what you can add to our team
Current resume including links to your on-line presence
Lesson plan or curriculum
Please submit to email@example.com
Social Studies M.A.
NYU | Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development