We asked our colleagues in the field for some favorite interview questions. We got so many good ones this blog post has to be a two-parter. Check them out. How would you respond?
• How do you see your talents and commitment as an arts educator shaping the future of your students?
• Can you identify a core value that you hold as an artist and arts educator that influences your philosophy of teaching the arts?
• If you could teach only one arts lesson to your students, what would it be and why?
William Crow, Senior Museum Educator, School and Teacher Programs, Metropolitan Museum of Art
• Tell us about a moment when you had to get a team of people on your side to solve a problem.
• What three words would you use to describe how others see you?
Deborah Schwartz, President, Brooklyn Historical Society
• What is your favorite exhibition you have ever seen and why?
• Describe something about yourself that needs improving.
• Describe a successful lesson that you taught recently. How did you know it was successful?
• Describe an unsuccessful lesson. What made you think it was unsuccessful?