The Harlem YMCA is seeking a qualified individual to plan, lead and facilitate art to children ages 4 -10. The Art Specialist will work directly with children providing various art projects, positive leadership and interaction.
• Ensure the health, safety and well being of children in the program by providing close supervision during all activities.
• Teach art to youth participants in a safe, structured, value based atmosphere.
• Effectively develop and implement daily lesson plans that are fun and age-appropriate, incrementally building on participants’ skills.
• Maintain accurate program documentation (incident/accident reports, behavior logs, attendance & sign-in / sign-out sheets).
• Inform immediate supervisor, on a daily basis, of any concerns or problems concerning participants.
• Communicate effectively with parents, participants and staff.
• Maintain supplies and storage of participant work and equipment.
• Actively participate in designated meetings, trainings and special events.
Additional Qualifications: Associate’s Degree or equivalent. Minimum of 2 years of experience studying or creating various art forms.
How to Apply: We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to:
Att.: Latoya Jackson
180 West 135th Street
New York, NY 10030