Groundswell is currently accepting applications for a part-time Administrative Coordinator (20-30 hrs/week). The position offers a great opportunity to play a pivotal role in a dynamic, creative organization that has a powerful impact on NYC’s youth and communities. This position is especially appropriate for motivated individuals who are committed to social justice work and interested in gaining valuable nonprofit job experience. The Administrative Coordinator works directly with the Executive Director and the Director of Development and Communications.
• Assist Executive Director and Development Director with a range of administrative tasks, including grant and contract administration, donor communications, fundraising benefit management, preparation of meeting and Board materials, and various office management tasks, including answering phones.
• Provide support where needed to Executive Director on special projects.
• Proactively suggest systems improvements inherent to job.
• Entering charitable gifts to donor database and preparing acknowledgements.
• Assisting with office management and human resources.
• Working in a Microsoft Office environment
Additional Qualifications: Bachelors degree and two years of office work experience required. In addition, we are looking for applicants with some or all of the following skills, qualifications and perspectives:
o Ability to complete multitude of tasks and remain detail oriented and organized.
o Interest in non-profit fundraising.
o Web design/administration skills
o Interest in writing and desktop publishing.
o Able to work in diverse, collaborative environment.
o Familiarity with databases.
o Eagerness and ability to learn new skills.
o Commitment to Groundswell’s mission of arts as a tool for social justice in New York City.
How to Apply:
Please e-mail a resume and cover letter with the message heading ADMIN COORD by November 30th, 2010 to: email@example.com.